Search This Blog

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Will Alligators Migrate to the Delaware River?

I am not much of a believer in global warming and the doomsayers. But it is almost 70 degrees today in Philly. This also occurred in January in the early 1990's cause I remember I took a bike ride on Kelly Drive down to the Art Museum.

But the thought does occur to me that if global warming is really occurring, does that mean alligators will migrate northward and will soon be common in the Delaware River and the Wissahickon Creek.

If so, someone better warn all those kids who dive off the high rocks into the Wissahickon every summer. And if the alligators are not migrating northward, why aren't they? Perhaps I should pose these questions to the all-knowing chicken little, Al Gore (known as Al Bore in my house).

No comments: