If I were running for mayor:
- My primary vision is to aggressively grow the city’s population by 50% by the year 2020.
- That would require only a moderate annual increase in Philly's population of about 3%. But it would represent a positive and dramatic turnabout to the steady and large population losses of the last 30-40 years. Which occurred under Democratic mayors, I might add.
- Once achieved, the city might regain that third full district and perhaps add part of fourth.
- As mayor, I will target big, bold and broad initiatives to draw people to the city.
- These could include new ideas like an urban homestead program that rewards residents for staying in Philly and also provides incentives to others to move into the city.
- Virtually every other city program would be tailored to add positive impetus and synergies to my overriding goal: Bring more people to Philly and keep those we already have happy! (gotta work on this wording- needs to be a bit more snappy & sloganish).
- This ambitious goal must be accomplished by the time the 2020 census/re-districting begins.
Sounds like a lot of work? Well, it is and it requires a candidate with a grand vision.
And a grand vision is what it will take to get noticed . Especially when I am not part of THE BIG POLITICAL MACHINE (hell, I don't even live in the city).