Search This Blog

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Daily Show "We tried a black writer once but it didn't work out"

A black comedian wrote an article in the WAPO today and that is what he says he was told by a writer for The Daily Show.

Here is the quote form the WAPO article........."Entering the comedy world as a black man means you always stand out, even during off hours, such as one Christmas evening in New York at my first holiday comedy mixer. All of Gotham's comedic glitterati were there. I cornered a "Daily Show" writer, doing my best to get the inside track on a possible actor/writer gig. We broached the subject of black correspondents. He told me that they "tried a black guy once, but it didn't work out." I nearly threw my imported beer in his face. Tried it once and it didn't work? You say that about Toyotas, not a whole race of people."

Here is the link to the article if you want to read the whole story (the comedian is a good writer).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/05/AR2007010501613.html

No comments: