Thursday, December 31, 2009
And I have almost reached my required number of annual posts which is 176. Did you notice how I filled in 12 posts pretty cheesily by using that old newspaper trick of re-running my best columns [posts]of the year. Yeah, I thought you would.
BTW, probation sucks too- it's the only reason I do this dumb blog. What a stupid f-ing judge I got!
It seems to me, a blogger should send a thank-you email but recently I made a couple nice tips to blogs I read daily and got nada in return. Maybe some bloggers get too big for their britches.
IMO, there is no reason a business that owns a premier domain name like philly.com can not be highy profitable in this day of the internet. The folks who have been runing these so-called businesses are just plain clueless!
Friday, December 25, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
1- Ridicule, 2- Opposition and 3- Self Evident. [I bet these are what old whathsname experienced way back when he said the earth was round!]
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Someone must do something and fast about this global warming problem! Pleasssssseeeee oh so wise President Obama - get together with our superior human beings at the U.N. and fix this asap! I can't take this heat and I don't want to die!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Meanwhile, when he gets back to DC tomorrow, there may be 1-2 feet of snow on the ground. Do Dems and Liberals realize how dumb this looks to the average American? [I think they do but they are so arrogant, they don't care].
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
A liberal I know said "after they lower the cost of healthcare, I hope they get to work to lower the cost of college next"!
The speaker is a very nice person but is obviously clueless as to how the world and economics works. She might as well have asked that "they lower the cost of Springsteen concert tickets". As if they could.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
I went the 2001 game and it was a great event. George Bush attended and did the traditional thing where the Prez sits on Army's sideline for one half and Navy's sideline for the other half.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Thursday, December 03, 2009
- Take West Virginia with the points vs. Rutgers.
- Take Fresno State with the points vs. Illinois.
- Take Florida and give points vs. Alabama. Tim Whathisname is a great QB and the Gators will win by 14 points.
- Upset of the week: Take Pittsburgh with the ponts vs. Cincinnati.
And don't blame me if you make a bet and lose! That is why it is called gambling. Heh.
UPDATE 12/6/09: I would have won 3 out of 4 of these picks. If I was in Vegas, my bets would have been $500 each on WVU and Pittsburgh, $200 each on Fresno St and Florida. Florida was my only loser and they lost big so there was no unnecessary suspense. Bottom line is I would have won almost $1,000 smackers. Stick with me- I don't bet often but tend to do OK when I do.
I will give my college bowl picks in a week or so.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
It is not a stretch to imagine a bankrupt state like Michigan suing Al Gore and others for ruining that state's economy due to faulty [malicious psuedo-science?] theories.
Jeez, I have convinced myself this argument is a winning one! I wish I were a hungry lawyer. Heh.
"While cautioning that changes in the news business must be much better understood before any policy changes are made, Mr. Leibowitz [FCC Commissioner]said: "We should be able to take action if necessary to preserve the news that is vital to democracy." Mr. Leibowitz's wife, Ruth Marcus, is a columnist for the Washington Post, a fact he disclosed during the meeting."
Is that hilarious or what? The guy will be using my money [taxpayer] to help save his far-left liberal wife's job!
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
- Indian Casinos.
- Non-profit foundations and groups that are actually just special interest lobbies like Planned Parenthood or The Heritage Foundation.
- Minority set-asides for government contracts.
- People who claim they shoot under 80 in golf except pros of course.
- Fat people who say they are just big-boned.
- Those ads you see where a charity asks you to donate your old car to them [fyi - the salvage company pockets about 80-90% of the car's fair market value].
- Any of those miracle "AB machines".
- Green jobs or green energy.....sure they work if Uncle Sam subsidizes them with big bucks and forever.
- Colleges that let your kid take a major in something that is absolutely 100% worthless as to paying job & career [ Colleges should be required to provide parents with a written estimate of the future earnings for every major].
- The NFL. On any given Sunday, you could not pay me enough to watch 75% of its teams play. Why? Because 75% of the NFL teams suck!