Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Beloit College Annual List- A Neat Tradition

Beloit College in Wisconsin now publishes an annual list that lists things that are normal for their entering freshmen (i.e Starbucks) or before their time (Jackie Gleason) or an anachronism (the ability to tie a necktie).

I think the list is kinda neat so I have provvided the link below. Re the neckties, I have a friend who used to just loosen the ties because he was somewhat challenged at tying the knot correctly. Once he came home and was dismayed to see his new live-in girlfriend had done some housecleaning including untying the knots in all of his ties.

Lastly, the Beloit list reminds me of the game every generation plays by telling younger listeners how tought it once was. My favorite is to tell them that when we were their age, we only had three TV channels to choose from. I think that scares the crap out of them.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0825/p09s02-coop.html

No comments: