Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Health Care Reform...........

........made simple perhaps.

I was thinking [yes it is painful for someone as dumb as I am] and remembered the Fed govt approved a bill earlier this year that expanded S-chip health insurance coverage for like 6 million more kids. The cost was about $1,700 per person. So I thought what if we did the same thing for the 30 million or so uninsured [of the legal variety]. At that rate, it would cost $51 Billion a year. We could pay for it by increasing the Federal income tax of every worker. It would be an increase of about $300 per year per worker!

If we have to do something, this idea of mine sounds about simple as it could be. My numbers may need to be tweaked but they probably work and the bill could be written on maybe two sheets of paper!

Mr. President and all you Congress critters, you are very welcome to use this idea of mine. Just be warned, I have a million more for you to consider!

No comments: