Search This Blog

Friday, February 03, 2006

XPN - Now Has Commercials??!!

WXPN, the nationally reknowned radio station owned and operated by the University of Pennsylvania, just finished it's semi-annual fund drive.

It is a great station and is proud to tell listeners it is "member supported". I have given it small donations myself a couple times. But this morning, I swear I heard the DJ read a commercial for Dodge! Now,the station has been drifting across the line for several years with announcements such as "XYZ Corporation is a proud supporter of XPN". But the one I just heard crossed all the way over the line. What is up with that XPN? You can't have it both ways.

BTW, If you have never listened, check it out on the internets. You can find by googling WXPN (and google is not paying me to say that).

No comments: