Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

PA State Budget Costs $2,100/ Resident

Current and soon to be one-term Governor Fat Eddie Rendell just announced his annual budget proposal for the state of Pennsylvania. It's like $24 Billion or so. Trust me it is the equivalent of $2,100 for every man, woman and child in the state. Just yesterday I posted a comment that the latest federal budget proposed by Bush is $9,000 per resident. So combined the two are spending $11,000 per Pennsylvania resident (and yes I understand that some of the PA budget comes from the feds).

But don't forget too that tax revenue such as gasoline taxes and other government fees are not included in the numbers above (in some cases). Pigs At The Trough I tell you. Anyway you slice it sounds like way too much wasteful spending to me!!!! And unless you are a government-loving lib, you should agree.

No comments: