Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Letter To The Editor

Below is my letter to the editor at the Philadelphia Inquirer. It was published this morning Sunday 01/13/2008:

Dear Editor (I don't call them 'Idiotor"to their face heh):

Your Diversity?
I saw the Tom Ferrick column on the building trades and its lack of diversity (Inquirer, Jan. 6). A few weeks ago, I also saw a story about the increasing "whiteness" of the state police ("Pa. troopers' ranks getting less diverse," Dec. 23).

Ironically, also on Dec. 23, in the first edition on the same page as the state police story, The Inquirer was touting its "12 must-read columnists." I happened to note all 12 of the columnists mentioned are white.

How does The Inquirer reconcile its own apparent lack of diversity versus other organizations with which it finds fault? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

A.J. Lynch

No comments: