Now this is wrong on several levels.
- One, it's only 60 days to the election and Verna's decision makes it impossible for all but the Machine candidates to mount a viable campaign.
- Second, Philly has 17 council seats including these three but the population has dropped from 2.5 million people to 1.4 million in the last 30 years.
- Three, due to the population decline, I think the city should lop off about 5-6 council seats.
- Four, to back up my argument, let's compare Philly to New York City...NYC has more than 4x as many people (6 million) but only 3x as many council seats (51).
- Five, the councilmen for the most part are incompetent doffuses and the city would be better represented by stick figures.