Search This Blog

Friday, September 15, 2006

House Approves A 700 Mile Border Fence _Don't Kid Yourself These Things Bear No Resemblance To A Fence

The house approved this border fence. It makes sense to me to reduce the threat of terrorists using the currenly wide-open border to get into the US.

I read the vote was 283 votes for and 138 against. That is about 2-1 in favor and Philly's are reps (there are 14 according to the Inky) voted 11-3 in favor. That's about 78% and makes me wonder where there were a lot of votes against the fence? I would guess in the border states like FL, TX, NM, AZ, etc. I'll have to see where I can find that info.

And the news I saw including some hand-wringing about where we would find the $2-$7 Billion to build the fence. That is small potatoes IMHO.

No comments: