Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Am I Too Critical

Lately, I have taken notice of more and more mispronunciations of words and names by news broadcasters. Two examples:

Fox News' Trace Gallagher (I think is his name)....... he said the "da noob" river. Yes that is how he pronounced the famous and very well-known Danube River.

Philly's local CBS station's Sunday evening news anchor (cute new chick with 3 names) reports on a shooting in the Kensington section of Philly on "Two Lip" street. Ahem, I think that's tulip street you know like the famous flowers from Denmark.And this is more information that you need but those tulips also served as one of the world's first great economic lessons on the affects of commodity prices due to changing supply and demand.

So, it's not me, right?

No comments: