Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Flying Nuns

Went to a state little league tournament in Turbotville, PA. It is about 25 miles west of Bloomsburg and sure has an Amish presence. I carefully passed at least three horse-drawn buggies on the road in Turbotville.

Then I saw the flying nuns. Nah - that is just what it looked like. There was a big farmhouse next to the ball field. As I drove down the road towards the ball field, I saw a bunch of Amish girls/ women dressed in those black & white dresses flying around behind the house. I thought they were swinging in a bunch of large swings set up behind the farmhouse.

But when I got closer, I realized there were about 5-6 of them jumping on a trampoline! Too funny and what a cultural contrast huh? I was so pissed because I forgot my damn camera!

No comments: