Search This Blog

Saturday, June 28, 2008

You Call This Change Senator Obama?

Below is a letter to the idiotor of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published on Friday, June 27, 2008. The letter-writer is criticizing Obama's selection of many Clintonistas for the Obama Security Panel.Here is a money quote "Going back to the 1990's isn't change in my book". Start of letter is below:

THIS ISN'T CHANGE

Even though I am a registered Republican, I worked very diligently on Barack Obama's primary campaign here in Ohio and then crossed the border to volunteer during his three-week Pennsylvania primary effort. I considered myself to be someone who was committed to his election as president this fall. But after reading who is serving on his "new national security advisory group," I feel like I have been duped (
"Obama Convenes Security Panel," June 19).

With so many former, recycled Clinton advisers, I can't help but wonder if I supported the wrong candidate. Perhaps we should have stayed with the Clintons. Are there no new faces in this arena? Is this the best Mr. Obama can do? I understand that many voters credit the Clintons with a peaceful end to the last century, but I blame their lack of an appropriate response to any of the numerous terrorist attacks under their watch for the tragedy that befell us on 9/11. The problem I have is that although we will have a clear choice between two very different options this fall, both approaches have failed us as a nation. Where are the new ideas? Where is the change?

Going back to the 1990s isn't change in my book. I have to reconsider my support of the Obama candidacy. I honestly believe we would be better off with John McCain's promise of a forceful response, over the nonresponse of the last administration. I am extremely disappointed.

TIM WAGNER
Youngstown, Ohio

No comments: