Search This Blog

Friday, June 06, 2008

News Biz Is Bad Biz

The new owner (Philadelphia Media Holdings) of the Philadelphia Inquirer reportedly missed an interest payment on some subordinated debt.

I have never witnessed a business allow its employees to deliberately sabotage the business and turn away customers. But I believe that is what the liberals who run these papers have done.

The editorial staff and many reporters just don't get it so they continue to write far left-slanting news stories. Do they ever even wonder why the paper's circulation continues to drop?

Sure, I know there are other reasons for the newspapers to lose customers. But the Philadelphia Daily News and The New York Times lost me as a customer some time ago. I was a semi-regular consumer of each paper but got sick and tired of the liberal slant. Letting the employees ruin a newspaper is like a restaurant employing a waiter or bartender who did not bathe or use deodorant. It is nuts!

I predict the Associated Press will be next- its wire stories surely affect the slant of these local papers who pay big fees to the AP for its crappy stories. Evidence: have you ever read "news" stories from the AP's economic writer, Jeannine Aversa? If not, I suggest you do and you will see why I feel the way I do.

No comments: