Search This Blog

Friday, November 17, 2006

We now have pictures produced by cameras

As you may have noticed, I have just learned how to post pictures to blogger. So you got three straight pictures from my disposable camera film that I just got developed. I tend to buy them before a trip, use a few frames, file the camera away then repeat the process a few times over the next 12-18 months. That's why it takes me so long to use up one camera- I end up with 4-5 cameras each with about 15 pictures left on the roll. So, the pictures I just got developed included a trip to Tahoe in 2004, my trip to Phoenix in 2005 and some shots of my office taken in the summer.

Hence the post title..."we now have pictures produced by those things known as cameras". As I typed that title, I was remdined me of an old bar in North Wildwood, New Jersey. It was named Bishops High Tops or High Steps and it was said to be one of the oldest liquor licenses in the town and had been owned for about 50 years by an oldtimer named Bishop. He was slow to adapt to changes or trends but one time in the early 1980's after he had actually re-modelled his taproom, he proudly posted a new sign on one wall inside his establishment. The sign read "We Now Have Vodka and Orange juice".

No comments: